Road Traffic Offences & Dangerous Driving
This is one of our main areas of focus. We deal with these cases very often, Our expert knowledge cannot be beaten.
Our Process & Fees
Preparing your case:
When you hire us, we will learn and understand everything about you including your history, dependents, and how this case's decision would affect your livelihood. For example, if your employment depends on you being able to drive (either commute or as part of your job) or you need your license to care for your children, we will make sure the court knows this. The court will not unfairly punish your dependents. We will do everything we can to make sure your case is given the best possible chance and you achieve the very best you can in your circumstances.
Our legal fee does not represent the cost of travelling to court. We will not charge travelling costs to Barkingside or Thames Magistrates court. We will charge to travel to court at the costs of travelling by public transport or at a rate of 45p per mile from the office.
Going to court:
When dealing with motoring offences, after you are required to attend the first appearance, Your next hearing depends on the type of the next hearing.
1. If the matter is adjourned for sentence, this will normally take place within 6 weeks,
2. If the matter is adjourned for trial, this will normally be within 4 months,
3. If the matter is adjourned for appeal to crown court, this will normally be within 4 months from the time of lodging the appeal.
Our solicitors will explain the whole process and how the day will happen, ensuring that you are confident in your case and know the likely outcomes and what happens next.
MOTORING OFFENCES (FIXED FEE)
Drink driving offence, guilty plea – fixed fee of between £750 plus VAT and £1250 plus VAT depending on court location.
· 2 hours attendance/preparation:
· considering evidence
· taking your instructions
· providing advice on likely sentence
· Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
The fee does not include:
· instruction of any expert witnesses
· taking statements from any witnesses
· advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
· advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
· Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
· We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
· Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost dependant on the complexity of the case and the level of fee earner dealing with the matter..
· We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
· We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
· We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
· We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for [e.g. half a day].
· We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
*Prices do not include any travel cost or disbursement
*VAT is charged at 20%
*Please note our prices may vary on the level of experience of the solicitor dealing with your cases as well as the stage of the process to which you instruct us. In any and all cases, the experience and reflection in prices will be made clear to you at the start of the process.
*Disbursement such as court fees may be found on the website of the courts.
*All cases handled by solicitors with less experience are overseen and advised by the Principal of the firm.
Types of road traffic offence cases we do
Causing death via reckless driving
Driving without Insurance
Driving under the influence